Oze National Park
Sunday - Monday (National holiday), 15-16th September (two-day hike)
Located in Gunma/Honshu
3 hours from Tokyo by bus
An exciting overnight hike through the picturesque Oze marshlands.
We are headed to the Ozegahara Marshland, a fantastic and very scenic hike. The trails are well maintained and elevated boardwalks allow an unforgettable hike above marshlands. We will stay in a Japanese mountain hut, visit Hiraname Falls, Lake Ozenuma.
Oze has a very dark night sky with the Milky Way often visible.
Sunday- Monday (National holiday), 15-16th September (two-day hike)
In front of Sakura Hotel in Jimbocho
07:00 am: Meet in front of Sakura Hotel (Jimbocho)
07:15 am: Departure for Oze.
10:45 am: Arrive at Oze National Park.
Orientation/safety briefing/start hike
Explore the Ozegahara marshlands and enjoy the amazing mountain scenery.
Waterfall hike. (if time allows)
03:30 pm: Check into the mountain hut.
05:30 pm: Dinner.
06:30 pm: Stargazing.
09:00 pm: Lights out.
06:00 am: Breakfast
07:00 am: Explore the Mt Hiuchigatake and Lake Ozenuma
02:30 pm: Finish the trek
03:30 pm: Onsen
06:00 pm: Arrive back in Tokyo at Sakura Hotel (Jimbocho)
¥26,500 per person
- Private return transportation
- Accommodation (Mountain Hut)
- Dinner (Sun) and breakfast (Mon)
- English speaking guide
- Mt Hiuchigatake climb [depending on conditions and participant interest.]
- Onigiri Bento 700 yen (from Mountain hut Mon)
- Onsen 1000 yen (Mon after hike)
- Clothing appropriate for hiking
- Hiking boots/shoes
- Small towel and toothbrush
- A torch (headlamp)
- Do not bring shampoo or soap in order to protect the environment
If you, have any questions about hiking gear and equipment please ask, it maybe possible to rent some items.
We'll send you details when your booking is confirmed
Mountain Hut, shared with two rooms.